I am a VFX artist, specializing in Compositing, BG Plate Prep, and Matchmoving. Originally a mechanical engineer from Pennsylvania, USA. Moved to Vancouver, BC Canada last year in order to attend film school and begin my career in the VFX industry.
I started out in manual drafting twelve years ago and then migrated over to AutoCAD and CAD/CAM design. It was at this time I had decided to study mechanical engineering with a goal of applying the knowledge towards working in the film industry. While attending college for mechanical engineering, I discovered my passion for CG and compositing.
After earning my BSME degree, I set a goal of taking my engineering knowledge and applying it to creating visual effects. I moved to Vancouver in order to study VFX at film school this past year. Now that I have completed the program, I am currently seeking out opportunities to contribute my abilities to the industry.
My goal is to build upon my existing skills as well as learning new ones along the way. I love working as a team with others - both contributing and learning as a whole. Whether it was a leadership position in scouts or being a problem solver at work, the ability to share and learn has been my drive.
Besides VFX, I enjoy movies, music and photography, camping and scouting, and playing trumpet when I can. I also enjoy building things and taking stuff apart to see how it works.
- Compositing, BG Plate Prep, Matchmoving, Camera Projection, CG Integration, Roto
- Problem solving and innovative skills
- Teamwork, leadership, and communication skills
- Nuke, Maya, Photoshop, 3ds MAX, After Effects, Matchmover, PFTrack, Syntheyes, Boujou, Digital Domain's TRACK 6 (Beginner)
- ProEngineer, Solidworks, Inventor, AutoCAD, Matlab, Mathematica
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Access), Microsoft OS, Linux (Beginner), Shotgun
- Python, MEL, PHP, mySQL, HTML, CSS, Matlab, Mathematica, TCL